Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Galaxy S4 Wi-Fi connectivity problems worse than Samsung admits. Not just DLINK.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Galaxy S4 Wi-Fi connectivity problems worse than Samsung admits. Not just DLINK.

The Galaxy s4 Wi-Fi connectivity issue has been reported by Samsung to be limited to DLINK routers. This is not just an issue with DLINK. I am traveling extensively through Western US, Taiwan and China and the Galaxy S4 is absolutely terrible at maintaining a Wi-Fi signal. The phone connects to a network, for instance, China Mobile or Marriott or Taiwan Free Wi-Fi, then after a few seconds begins scanning again. If it is scanning, it will not be connected for data transmission, even though the phone says it is “connected”. I have confirmed the issue occurring on CISCO, ZTE, and Motorola routers, so it isn’t just DLINK. It must be a Samsung issue.

The only way to try to fix this is to turn on/off the Wi-Fi, which is a ludicrous solution. I counted 32 times I had to do this yesterday. What a waste of time, energy, and effort. Where these phones not tested?

Samsung, if you’re reading these threads, this is a serious, serious issue. I am already looking at HTC options to replace this phone because without constant and reliable Wi-Fi connectivity, the phone is useless for data. Apps don’t work correctly. Important communication tools such as WeChat don’t work effectively. Browsing doesn’t work correctly.

What is being done to fix this? For those of us who rely on a smartphone for our business, this is unconscionable that a product would be put into market with such serious defects.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    connecting to DGL-4500 works just fine for me, even when I'm about 100 feet away… But, I don't think hotels think about gamers when they were considering their options for routers…

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No problems here I'm an it consultant and hit tons of routers never had and issue sounds like you might just have a bad phone

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm constantly having issues with netgear routers at work and home. Not sure if it's the phone yet.
    nthego likes this.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

S4 Cant stay connected to wifi

Same problem with 2 s4 actives that I just purchased from AT & T. Was driving me crazy! Neither phone works on wi fi with my dlink router. Same issue...appears to connect just fine, works for only a couple minutes, then the phone starts to scan for additional wifi networks and the connection stops working. I says it is still connected, it shows that the link is good, but as soon as starts scanning you have no data flowing through the connection. It rescans every 15 seconds, so the wifi is useless. Distance makes no difference.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just read Samsungs statement on the problem here. They stated to disable the wireless multimedia extension (WMM) in your router. I did that and it works fine now!
    wicked likes this.

Member #
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    764 times
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersjim View Post
    Just read Samsungs statement on the problem here. They stated to disable the wireless multimedia extension (WMM) in your router. I did that and it works fine now!
    Thanks for sharing. Should help those who've been having issues!

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation S4 constantly Reconnecting to WIFI and heats up

I purchased one for me and one for my wife two days ago. My Wife seems to be loving it. However mine constantly drop and reconnects to the router. During this reconnecting it effects the gallery or video playing etc
    and the most troubling thing is that it gets hot...

If the problem is with router im sure my wife would also complain but she experiences no issues like me. I factory formatted also but still no use.
    I will go to the warranty center try to figure what they are going to do about it. But for me this is Shocking...

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think this is germane here. I had a problem reconnecting to my WiFi network at home after using WiFi Direct for transfers between my S4 and Tab 2. I finally found that I had to turn off WiFi, do a reboot then turn WiFi Back on.
    Galaxy S4 (SCH-R970) on U. S. Cellular 64 gb SD card

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My S4 doesn't seem to have a problem when connected with my Cisco router. But it does say scanning about every 10 seconds. I can see the networks in my area change after it completes the scan. It always says it is connected to my network.

Do I have an issue? Is it not suppose to scan while it is connected to my network?
    Galaxy S4. SCH 1545 Verizon, 16GB Black Mist, 64GB SD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links