Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frustrated just moved from iphone4 to galaxy s4 16g please help

I've been watching videos, reading manuals, and following directions for set up. A few issues -

1)why are my text message showing up as email? I also heard there were issues with imessages - those only come through on my ipad and not my galaxy?
    2)why are my (hotmail) emails not coming through?
    3)my fingers/hands keep touching the super sensitive buttons on either side of the home button - is there any way to freeze those buttons?
    4)the screen gets super hot and almost unbearable to touch...is this an issue with my specific device?!

That's it... for today at least

Thanks!

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the text to email thing, I the email settings you can unclick the "sync sms" - I was very annoyed by this as well.

For the Hotmail I would just re install it. Do you have any battery savers on?

I'd also put a temperature app on your phone, mine normal doesn't go over 96 degrees.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow578 View Post
    I've been watching videos, reading manuals, and following directions for set up. A few issues -

1)why are my text message showing up as email? I also heard there were issues with imessages - those only come through on my ipad and not my galaxy?
    2)why are my (hotmail) emails not coming through?
    3)my fingers/hands keep touching the super sensitive buttons on either side of the home button - is there any way to freeze those buttons?
    4)the screen gets super hot and almost unbearable to touch...is this an issue with my specific device?!

That's it... for today at least

Thanks!
    1. On the imessages you need to disable them on the ipad when you want them to go to the phone.
    2. What app are you using for Hotmail? I recommend using K9 as it usually produces the best results.
    3. As far as I know the only way to disable or change those buttons is to root the device. When I first came from my iPhone to android I had the same issue eventually I got used to holding it different.
    4. I would absolutely take the device to your carrier and have them look at it. I had a very similar issue with an S3 that caused me major headaches. If I would have contacted my carrier when I first noticed it they would have replaced it right away. You shouldn't notice "extreme" heat. It may get a little warm during heavy use and and simultaneously charging but nothing unbearable.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    299 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Welcome to the Forum. Glad you joined us.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    1. On the imessages you need to disable them on the ipad when you want them to go to the phone.
    2. What app are you using for Hotmail? I recommend using K9 as it usually produces the best results.
    3. As far as I know the only way to disable or change those buttons is to root the device. When I first came from my iPhone to android I had the same issue eventually I got used to holding it different.
    4. I would absolutely take the device to your carrier and have them look at it. I had a very similar issue with an S3 that caused me major headaches. If I would have contacted my carrier when I first noticed it they would have replaced it right away. You shouldn't notice "extreme" heat. It may get a little warm during heavy use and and simultaneously charging but nothing unbearable.
    Thank you! I've never posted on forums before and this was very quick and helpful!

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you~! I've reinstalled my hotmail n it works! The sms is now unsynced too ugh! And I've downloaded the temp app... thanks again!!
    wicked, Leeshor and Caesars like this.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1251 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Are you a little less frustrated now, I hope.

Give it time, you'll love it. Every phone change is a new experience.
    macuser, Jetmech and Beer Goggles like this.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This whole text message in the email is the most ridiculous thing yet that I have seen on a phone. Who on earth decided that making this a default setting was a good idea, or even a valid idea? If I wanted to read my texts, wouldn't I just click on the text message app? Why does it have to bury my email under every single text? This is the kind of thing that you don't have to worry about with the iPhone. Apple actually pays attention to little details, though this is in no way a little detail. Email is one of the biggest uses of a smartphone and so I don't know why Android would essentially block people, by default, from getting emails because some yahoo thought this was a good idea. If that wasn't bad enough, it puts all of your texts up top, essentially making it impossible to read any email way, way, way at the bottom. And if you delete the texts in the email app, it deletes the texts in the text app. So with android, you essentially have to choose whether you want your email or texts until or if you can figure out how to bypass the default setting, by which time is often too late. No wonder why the iPhone is still the most popular phone. It's not because of form or vanity, but rather because they follow common sense. Now, I can't get to any of my email unless I want to spend hours scrolling down through thousands of text messages. Yeah, I turned off the sync (that some incompetent moron decided to make default), but the stupid email app keeps putting all of those texts at the top. I have about a thousand texts that I have to scroll through, just to read my first email and I can't delete the texts because I keep them for record due to work. The company I work for made a huge blunder in changing from the iphone 4 to the Galaxy S4 and it looks like we will be shelving these and going back to the iphone. Wasted money and wasted time. The Galaxy S4 is a good phone as far as the hardware, but it's just not at the point where it's usable for productivity. It's an expensive toy, not a serious tool. Samsung should design their own smartphone OS, and no I'm not suggesting another Bada. If you pay attention to the details, then you will gather more loyalty and the Galaxy line of phones might actually make some progress in getting into the work place and being a serious contender to the iphone. Not having usable email on my phone is an absolute deal breaker.
    Last edited by airspoon; 07-07-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airspoon View Post
    This whole text message in the email is the most ridiculous thing yet that I have seen on a phone. Who on earth decided that making this a default setting was a good idea, or even a valid idea? If I wanted to read my texts, wouldn't I just click on the text message app? Why does it have to bury my email under every single text? This is the kind of thing that you don't have to worry about with the iPhone. Apple actually pays attention to little details, though this is in no way a little detail. Email is one of the biggest uses of a smartphone and so I don't know why Android would essentially block people, by default, from getting emails because some yahoo thought this was a good idea. If that wasn't bad enough, it puts all of your texts up top, essentially making it impossible to read any email way, way, way at the bottom. And if you delete the texts in the email app, it deletes the texts in the text app. So with android, you essentially have to choose whether you want your email or texts until or if you can figure out how to bypass the default setting, by which time is often too late. No wonder why the iPhone is still the most popular phone. It's not because of form or vanity, but rather because they follow common sense. Now, I can't get to any of my email unless I want to spend hours scrolling down through thousands of text messages. Yeah, I turned off the sync (that some incompetent moron decided to make default), but the stupid email app keeps putting all of those texts at the top. I have about a thousand texts that I have to scroll through, just to read my first email and I can't delete the texts because I keep them for record due to work. The company I work for made a huge blunder in changing from the iphone 4 to the Galaxy S4 and it looks like we will be shelving these and going back to the iphone. Wasted money and wasted time. The Galaxy S4 is a good phone as far as the hardware, but it's just not at the point where it's usable for productivity. It's an expensive toy, not a serious tool. Samsung should design their own smartphone OS, and no I'm not suggesting another Bada. If you pay attention to the details, then you will gather more loyalty and the Galaxy line of phones might actually make some progress in getting into the work place and being a serious contender to the iphone. Not having usable email on my phone is an absolute deal breaker.
    1/10-the one was for effort.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1251 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm not certain I even follow what you said as the text messages I get have no relationship at all to the mail I get. I must be missing something.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links