Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Menu and Back buttons not responding

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar thing happen to me last weekend. I received a call and was able to use the phone just fine. I placed it in a leather bag on the ground and within 10 minutes a steady rain began to fall. My phone did not get wet however there was a lot moisture in the air. When I tried to use the phone the screen would just blink and then go black for a while and the menu and back buttons would function but in another mode. after maybe 30 minutes, I turned the phone off/on again, but the menu and back buttons did not work at all. everything else was fine. I tried re-booting numerous times and it did not help. after another 3-4 hours, the menu and back buttons started working again. seems like a poor design to me. for one thing, a little moisture in the air should not affect a phone this much.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar issue, my S4 in the past has acted funny. The back button and settings button at times would not work. Then it would start working on it's own and it was like the back button was stuck on, this would cause it to close apps and then start opening and closing the multitask menu bar like someone was holding their finger on the back button. All of a sudden the issue disappeared for weeks only to reappear randomly again. Searching for answers I found this thread and the post above got me thinking. I frequently use my phone to listen to music when I am at the gym and this is where I have encountered the problem. The phone often gets sweaty and damp in my pocket, and I even had used a wet nap to wipe the screen down which is when the problem restarted. After 2 days the issues was still present and numerous restarts had not cured the phone. After seeing the above post I would agree that the issue is caused by moisture and or humidity. I removed the phone from it's case and opened up the back cover to let it air and dry out. After a few hours the buttons started functioning properly again. Not sure if this is the cause or the cure, but seems to have worked for me, hopefully it is worth a try for anyone encountering the same issues.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I'm Having a problem similar to the OP's. My menu and back button will randomly refuse to work. Usually while i'm using the chrome browser but is has happened while in other programs. Also at the same time the keyboard won't pop up when I tap on a text box. They only way around it is to close chrome (or whichever app im using) and open it back up (which doesn't always work). I haven't noticed if this happens with the stock web browser. I have Cleared data for chrome, and the samsung keyboard. I have done a factory Reset (Which worked for about 3 weeks with no issues). Sometimes when the bottoms buttons and keyboard seem unresponsive the keyboard will flash on the screen briefly but go away. Also to clarify the back and menu button will light up and give me haptic feedback but nothing will happen on the screen. Anyone have any clues? This is phone number two from verizon wireless. Its completely stock.

Adam P.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    577 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Did you act on the advice in the previous posts?
    UltraDroid likes this.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So far it seems that rebooting the phone regularly does the trick. If I don't shut it off every once in awhile it starts to act up.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Could be a hardware issue but if you plan on taking it back to your provider I'd do a factory data reset first. That's one of the things they will try before replacing it.
    Same Problem here!I think back key is not an hardware issue,it may be software problem.
    My GT-i9500 also have same issue after the last update .

(Latest firmware info

PDA: I9500XXUFNE4

CSC: I9500ODDFNE1

MODEM: I9500DDUFNA4

Added: 2014-06-30)

Kindly all of you check this ,it will solve my problem also.

lgb
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Solved. The screen protector was too thick. Removed and now buttons working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Links