Close
    Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Volume button stuck - need help

Hi all,

I encountered an issue with my phone this morning - tried to listen some music while on my way to work and noticed that the volume button (up) it's not working anymore and it's stuck.

Tried to restart it (i know the issue won't be sorted out) and my s4 boots in recovery booting mode with some commands to be applied, like:

• reboot system now
    • apply update from ADB
    • etc

Tried reboot now but i got Error.
    Tried wipe cache partition but i got Error too.
    IMG00043-20130705-0947.jpg
    Anyone knows how can I boot into the OS from my phone, since these commands are not working for me?

Any help would from your side would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gociux

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any ideas?

I'm still stuck in boot loop.

Thanks,
    Gociux

Member #
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Device
    SGH-M919
    Liked
    2620 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gociux View Post
    Hi all,

I encountered an issue with my phone this morning - tried to listen some music while on my way to work and noticed that the volume button (up) it's not working anymore and it's stuck.

Tried to restart it (i know the issue won't be sorted out) and my s4 boots in recovery booting mode with some commands to be applied, like:

• reboot system now
    • apply update from ADB
    • etc

Anyone knows how can I boot into the OS from my phone, since these commands are not working for me?

Thanks,
    Gociux
    Welcome Gociux, was there an option for wipe data/factory reset? You'll lose all your data and it still might not boot. If it boots and the button still isn't working you'll probably need to get a repair or replacement from your provider.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dear Gociux

Totally same problem i had yesterday... I think this should be the design problem of S4 ... Result of restrating my S4 lots of time, I was able to start androids somehow today.

If you heard something about solution about this problem, please let me informed.

THX...

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Temp Fix

Quote Originally Posted by gabrolion View Post
    Dear Gociux

Totally same problem i had yesterday... I think this should be the design problem of S4 ... Result of restrating my S4 lots of time, I was able to start androids somehow today.

If you heard something about solution about this problem, please let me informed.

THX...
    Hey Guys,

I just started experiencing the same problem on my S4 today so I came across this forum.

The device will need to go back to Samsung for them to fix the volumn keys. For now (well this works for me), you can start up the device by holding the power key as well as the 'volume down' key to bypass the recovery mode. (as volumn up and power key is the buttons for recovery mode)

After 5 seconds or so the window for recovery mode is gone so you can let go of the volumn down key and the device will start as normal.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
    Gulzar

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just had same issue, although my phone was dropped from 8 ft. (with good case). As a result, luckily the only issue was The volume down Button was stuck. Pretty simple fix actually, look up "galaxy s4 disassemble" on YouTube. I had to pull the actual key out and gently bend it back to original form. I realize this may be different circumstances but regardless it works better than original now. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

with the error

Quote Originally Posted by Gociux View Post
    Hi all,

• reboot system now
    • apply update from ADB
    • etc

Thanks,
    Gociux
    hey about the error on your phone when it switches off what i do when this happens to me is i take the battery out and the sim, blow on it then turn it back on, this normally works.
    my volume button is broken now it keeps changing the volume on its own, really annoys me when i am listening on my headphones!
    i am going to try and fix it myself or take it into a store and see what they say, i shall let you know if i find anything out

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyrachel View Post
    hey about the error on your phone when it switches off what i do when this happens to me is i take the battery out and the sim, blow on it then turn it back on, this normally works.
    my volume button is broken now it keeps changing the volume on its own, really annoys me when i am listening on my headphones!
    i am going to try and fix it myself or take it into a store and see what they say, i shall let you know if i find anything out
    Hey Rachel, were you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same issue, tried taking the phone apart and cleaning the volume buttons with alcohol but it didn't help

Links