Close
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member Gociux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    229
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Volume button stuck - need help

    Hi all,

    I encountered an issue with my phone this morning - tried to listen some music while on my way to work and noticed that the volume button (up) it's not working anymore and it's stuck.

    Tried to restart it (i know the issue won't be sorted out) and my s4 boots in recovery booting mode with some commands to be applied, like:

    • reboot system now
    • apply update from ADB
    • etc


    Tried reboot now but i got Error.
    Tried wipe cache partition but i got Error too.
    IMG00043-20130705-0947.jpg
    Anyone knows how can I boot into the OS from my phone, since these commands are not working for me?

    Any help would from your side would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Gociux

  2.  

  3. #2
    Junior Member Gociux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    229
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any ideas?

    I'm still stuck in boot loop.

    Thanks,
    Gociux

  4. #3
    Super Moderator ggrant3876's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    3,693
    Member #
    34
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Device
    SGH-M919
    Liked
    2620 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gociux View Post
    Hi all,

    I encountered an issue with my phone this morning - tried to listen some music while on my way to work and noticed that the volume button (up) it's not working anymore and it's stuck.

    Tried to restart it (i know the issue won't be sorted out) and my s4 boots in recovery booting mode with some commands to be applied, like:

    • reboot system now
    • apply update from ADB
    • etc


    Tried reboot now but i got Error.
    Tried wipe cache partition but i got Error too.
    IMG00043-20130705-0947.jpg
    Anyone knows how can I boot into the OS from my phone, since these commands are not working for me?

    Any help would from your side would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Gociux
    Welcome Gociux, was there an option for wipe data/factory reset? You'll lose all your data and it still might not boot. If it boots and the button still isn't working you'll probably need to get a repair or replacement from your provider.


    Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

  5. #4
    Junior Member gabrolion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    3026
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dear Gociux

    Totally same problem i had yesterday... I think this should be the design problem of S4 ... Result of restrating my S4 lots of time, I was able to start androids somehow today.

    If you heard something about solution about this problem, please let me informed.

    THX...

  6. #5
    Junior Member gulz140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    3452
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Temp Fix

    Quote Originally Posted by gabrolion View Post
    Dear Gociux

    Totally same problem i had yesterday... I think this should be the design problem of S4 ... Result of restrating my S4 lots of time, I was able to start androids somehow today.

    If you heard something about solution about this problem, please let me informed.

    THX...
    Hey Guys,

    I just started experiencing the same problem on my S4 today so I came across this forum.

    The device will need to go back to Samsung for them to fix the volumn keys. For now (well this works for me), you can start up the device by holding the power key as well as the 'volume down' key to bypass the recovery mode. (as volumn up and power key is the buttons for recovery mode)

    After 5 seconds or so the window for recovery mode is gone so you can let go of the volumn down key and the device will start as normal.

    Please let me know if this helps.

    Thanks,
    Gulzar

  7. #6
    Junior Member Ashep12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    3755
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just had same issue, although my phone was dropped from 8 ft. (with good case). As a result, luckily the only issue was The volume down Button was stuck. Pretty simple fix actually, look up "galaxy s4 disassemble" on YouTube. I had to pull the actual key out and gently bend it back to original form. I realize this may be different circumstances but regardless it works better than original now. Hope this helps.

  8. #7
    Junior Member crazyrachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    8206
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    with the error

    Quote Originally Posted by Gociux View Post
    Hi all,

    I encountered an issue with my phone this morning - tried to listen some music while on my way to work and noticed that the volume button (up) it's not working anymore and it's stuck.

    Tried to restart it (i know the issue won't be sorted out) and my s4 boots in recovery booting mode with some commands to be applied, like:

    • reboot system now
    • apply update from ADB
    • etc


    Tried reboot now but i got Error.
    Tried wipe cache partition but i got Error too.
    IMG00043-20130705-0947.jpg
    Anyone knows how can I boot into the OS from my phone, since these commands are not working for me?

    Any help would from your side would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Gociux
    hey about the error on your phone when it switches off what i do when this happens to me is i take the battery out and the sim, blow on it then turn it back on, this normally works.
    my volume button is broken now it keeps changing the volume on its own, really annoys me when i am listening on my headphones!
    i am going to try and fix it myself or take it into a store and see what they say, i shall let you know if i find anything out

  9. #8
    Junior Member erusso17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    7863
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyrachel View Post
    hey about the error on your phone when it switches off what i do when this happens to me is i take the battery out and the sim, blow on it then turn it back on, this normally works.
    my volume button is broken now it keeps changing the volume on its own, really annoys me when i am listening on my headphones!
    i am going to try and fix it myself or take it into a store and see what they say, i shall let you know if i find anything out
    Hey Rachel, were you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same issue, tried taking the phone apart and cleaning the volume buttons with alcohol but it didn't help

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Music player shuffle setting stuck
    By jpatnorman77 in forum Galaxy S4 Audio
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2013, 11:44 AM
  2. [Solved]Stuck downloading custom OS?
    By afterglow in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 02:54 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 07:08 AM
  4. Low volume
    By chupacobara in forum Galaxy S4 Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 03:20 PM
  5. Google Now gets stuck
    By vasekvi in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 07:43 AM

Search tags for this page

galaxy s4 volume button
,

galaxy s4 volume button stuck

,
galaxy s4 volume up button stuck
,
how to fix volume button on galaxy s4
,
s4 volume button
,

s4 volume button stuck

,
samsung galaxy s4 volume button
,

samsung galaxy s4 volume button stuck

,
samsung s4 volume button stuck
,
volume button stuck on galaxy s4
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.