Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: confused about data usage please help

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser View Post
    if you open up the gallery, press the menu softkey and select settings, do you have a check mark next to 'sync only via wi-fi'?

edit: i'm not sure if checking this will work (mines checked), but if you're syncing a lot of photos and videos taken from the 13mp camera over data, i'd expect a noticeable jump in data usage. you can also go into settings, accounts tab, select your google account, and uncheck sync picasa web albums. besides pictures and videos, i'm not sure what else could use up all your data without you knowing about it.
    I dont sync any item on my phone and I dont even use my google account but yes my sync via wifi only button is checked.

As for my google account there is not a button/option for me to uncheck sync picasa web albums, when I check settings in my gallery under the account section my google account is there and (and I dont want it to be) and it say sync disabled.

Ok guys a bit of a quick update, I have called ee my service provider and asked them about this problem, they said that they were not really 100% sure as too why this is happening either and suggested that I save all of my info contacts, photos/videos, and music etc and try doing a factory reset. If this doesn't solve the issue then I should contact samsung directly and see if they can help.

I really am starting to think that I have a faulty phone now.
    Last edited by coltevo; 07-17-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1207 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    When you get to your Google account in accounts tap it then tap the mail address at the top and scroll down.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another question on my issue, I've spoke to a lot of people about this, and some are saying it's because I'm using 4g could this be true?

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1207 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coltevo View Post
    Another question on my issue, I've spoke to a lot of people about this, and some are saying it's because I'm using 4g could this be true?
    Not a chance.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ThomasC who are sprint?

I live in the uk and dont think we have them here.

So I have now been told and shown by a friend who works for ee what he thinks is the cause of my problem.

if I press the multiple square apps button, then go into "my files" then "all files" select android then "data" it shows what data the os has used.

Now I use tumblr a lot as I follow a lot of friends and people on there. So when I pressed the "data" option I saw a file saying "com.tumblr" I pressed that then "cache" and alow and behold even tho I keep force stopping the tumblr app after use, every thing that I see from peoples blog's there is visible and all of the GIF'S and the pictures all tho the pictures aren't visible they are white file's. So I backed up to the "android data" file pressed and held the "com.tumblr" looked at the details and it is 0.82gb even tho the tumblr app itself had only used 237mb. So I think I have a major fault with my os as it's saving 3 times more data than the app has used.

I will now be taking my phone back to ee to show them and have it either fixed or get a replacement.

Thanks for your suggestions and support guys much appreciated this has been driving me nuts lol.

Member #
    Device
    SPH-L720
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coltevo View Post
    ThomasC who are sprint?

I live in the uk and dont think we have them here.

So I have now been told and shown by a friend who works for ee what he thinks is the cause of my problem.

if I press the multiple square apps button, then go into "my files" then "all files" select android then "data" it shows what data the os has used.

Now I use tumblr a lot as I follow a lot of friends and people on there. So when I pressed the "data" option I saw a file saying "com.tumblr" I pressed that then "cache" and alow and behold even tho I keep force stopping the tumblr app after use, every thing that I see from peoples blog's there is visible and all of the GIF'S and the pictures all tho the pictures aren't visible they are white file's. So I backed up to the "android data" file pressed and held the "com.tumblr" looked at the details and it is 0.82gb even tho the tumblr app itself had only used 237mb. So I think I have a major fault with my os as it's saving 3 times more data than the app has used.

I will now be taking my phone back to ee to show them and have it either fixed or get a replacement.

Thanks for your suggestions and support guys much appreciated this has been driving me nuts lol.
    Sprint Corporation is an American telecommunications holding company which provides wireless services and is a major global Internet carrier. In addition to its namesake brand, the company also offers wireless voice and broadband services through its various subsidiaries under the Clear, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile and payLo by Virgin Mobile, and Assurance Wireless brands, as well as wholesale access to its wireless networks to mobile virtual network operators. As of 2012, its wireless networks serve more than 55.6 million customers. The company is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    886 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's also one of two CDMA wireless providers in the US.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.1.0 Rom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links