Close
    Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Export Spam List

Like many of us, my email address got phished and I get spams all day long. I chatted with my internet provider about and the support guy said to provide them a list of the offenders and they will up the spam score as needed.

I just hit the limit (why is there a limit?) on my S4's spam list, and I'd like to export it to a file so I can give it to to my IP provider. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so, how can I do it?

BTW, my provider uses a POP 3 type of email service and I wonder if there is a better way for me to filter out spams before I recieve them.

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    121 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Droid View Post
    Like many of us, my email address got phished and I get spams all day long. I chatted with my internet provider about and the support guy said to provide them a list of the offenders and they will up the spam score as needed.

I just hit the limit (why is there a limit?) on my S4's spam list, and I'd like to export it to a file so I can give it to to my IP provider. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so, how can I do it?

BTW, my provider uses a POP 3 type of email service and I wonder if there is a better way for me to filter out spams before I recieve them.
    Really not sure, but I'm betting you might be able to get the list through a file manager. Also, may not be enough, but couldn't you send your provider a screenshot of your list?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (from the S4); Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    173 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I log in to my gmail and yahoo accounts using a pc and mark mail as spam there. I don't have to do it very often and it keeps the amount of spam mail down to a mere trickle. The first couple of times I did it there were dozens and dozens in there and it took a few minutes to tag them all. Now there is only a few and it takes just seconds to mark them.
    Verizon - G2 Malladus - S4 Hyperdrive

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1411 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My bet, you're on Comcast or Earthlink. Otherwise you probably wouldn't have mentioned the limit and you probably would have been on IMAP, (not provided by either)

I have a pre-filter on my PC so my SPAM (more than you want to know or would believe) either gets trapped by Earthlink or my pre-filter so the only mail I get on the phone is typically legit and I am on a POP account, Earthlink.

Let me make a suggestion that I have used for many of my customer who experienced very high SPAM. Get another Google account, use it to get the POP mail from your provider and get the mail from the Google account as Google does a much better than average job of filtering SPAM.
    Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG G4

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

Remove Ads

Links