Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Galaxy S4 Screen Randomly Turns on

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshor View Post
    Wakelock may tell you something. I suggest restarting your phone then don't do anything until it happens again, then check the battery stats to see what appeared to be activating. gSam Battery monitor may tell you more. The keyboard, (flashing), issue is another story.
    I apparently have the keyboard flashing issue as well. /sigh any idea as to what i shall do to try and fix it or shall i just throw the phone out the window and write off the entire amount i paid for it? ((

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1411 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There must be a logical explanation. I certainly wouldn't toss it. I would see of clearing the keyboard cache helps or even swapping keyboards. If all else fails do a factory reset.
    Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG G4

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry Galaxy S4 screen randomly turns on and off ... ALL day and night

Quote Originally Posted by gmrumman View Post
    Hello All,

I just recently purchased my new galaxy s4 and I am seeing that when i lock the phone the phone randomly blinks on without any notifications received. Sometimes when i am typing something or browsing ...the screen seems to flicker as well. I have updated all my apps and turned off all notifications as well but it does not solve the issue. Any help understanding and solving the problem would be greatly appreciated!
    I purchased my S4 about 2 weeks ago. Within the last 4 days or so the screen will randomly come on while locked. No notifications or alerts. While typing this I would bet it has blinked on and off 30 times. I have disabled EVERY setting I could find that deals with Smart Screen, facial recognition, sound/voice recognition...EVERYTHING to no avail. I have uninstalled the only application that was not on it when I got it. I have disabled all the software notifications that I could get to. I have even disabled the wifi. I downloaded and installed GSAM which reflects that the "phone radio" is the biggest hog of battery life. The advanced task killer does not show anything suspicious running either. I am about to return the phone to the local store attached to a brick. This is ridiculous and ANNOYING. With the number of complaints about the screen you would think that it would be figured out by this point in time. HELLO, can ya hear me now?

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am facing exactly the same issue as as " gmrumman" and " charlie574" . i got my phone on 1st may it was all ok for 1st few days untill i started loading apps and since then i am facing this flickering issue. it is really irritating to have the screen flicker randomly while typing. i have even updated to the jelly bean 4.3 but no luck. i am thinking to do a full backup and do factory reset.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hello

Quote Originally Posted by vk1985 View Post
    I am facing exactly the same issue as as " gmrumman" and " charlie574" . i got my phone on 1st may it was all ok for 1st few days untill i started loading apps and since then i am facing this flickering issue. it is really irritating to have the screen flicker randomly while typing. i have even updated to the jelly bean 4.3 but no luck. i am thinking to do a full backup and do factory reset.
    hello guy ! i'm from malaysia and also facing the flicking problem like you guys said , but mine will only happen when my internet data is not stable when it shows G,E,3G, it is no problem if data shows H or H+, my phone will automatically turn on from standby and if I already switching on screen , it will keep on blink , and if I were in game the screen will suddenly rotate into half screen even though I'm turning off the screen rotation. any 1 can solve the issue for me ??
    Last edited by brandon wong; 01-03-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: wrong word
    Spikes likes this.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a S4 Active.

I had the same problem where the screen would light up every 20 minutes or so.
    I had set my Date & Time to AUTOMATIC DATE & TIME.

After I had disabled this feature I no longer get a screen random light up.

Hope this helps?
    Spikes likes this.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Same issue with flashing screen. In my case it only happens with 3G in poor reception areas.
    I fitted an extended battery that also covers the antenna section on the phone. Refitting the std battery but still using the robust case improved matters. I have now turned off the auto time/date setting. So far so good. Ekendra may have hit the solution.
    Rooted 4.4.2 stock

Member #
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi.

I have an S4, and this is crazy. The screen randomly comes on in 3 to 4 second intervals.
    Then it will stop, and nothing has been near it, and no covers on.
    I also experience the keyboard disappearing when typing as the screen flickers.

I seriously think there's much more wrong than just some dust on the sensor, or an app in the background.
    Battery fully charged, all apps force stopped and it still flickers.

Most annoying phone ever!
    :-(

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1411 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @abamanda welcome to the forum

You would be a great candidate for a factory reset. Stopping "all" apps can cause problems too. Backup your media and start over. I'm thinking it will come back working again which would mean it isn't hardware.
    Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG G4

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile Solution

Quote Originally Posted by ekendra View Post
    I have a S4 Active.

I had the same problem where the screen would light up every 20 minutes or so.
    I had set my Date & Time to AUTOMATIC DATE & TIME.

After I had disabled this feature I no longer get a screen random light up.

Hope this helps?
    Thank you for this my AUTOMATIC DATE & TIME was already disabled but my AUTOMATIC TIME ZONE wasn't disabled so I disabled that & so far the screen hasn't been going on but I also turned on & off the AUTOMATIC DATE & TIME so that might have been part of it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Links