Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"

Hello EVERYONE! I have had the S4 since Sat. April 27th. I discovered that if you have wifi enabled that you get a error message "Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped" But once I took the phone off of wifi it was working fine. Has anyone else received this message?

Member #
    Twitter
    It's A Bird
    Device
    other
    Liked
    262 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum
    Great to have you with us

Wish I have the S4 and can share the knowledge.

Have you try clear cache, data and force close the message app in setting, than restart your phone?

Keep us posted

Member #
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Device
    SGH-M919
    Liked
    2616 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympusman2004 View Post
    Hello EVERYONE! I have had the S4 since Sat. April 27th. I discovered that if you have wifi enabled that you get a error message "Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped" But once I took the phone off of wifi it was working fine. Has anyone else received this message?
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. As with Astrix I haven't received my phone yet.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

JYo
    Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympusman2004 View Post
    I have had the exact same issue! Got the GS4, my first Samsung Mobile device, on opening day through Sprint on Sat April 27th. First phone had a scratched screen out of the box. Second phone started getting the "Unfortunately Messaging has stopped." a day later. Did a factory reset, issue reoccurred. Sprint did a coded software reset, issue reoccurred. Sprint did a coded network reset, issue reoccurred. Called Samsung and they referred me to Sprint. Sprint said it's a phone issue so I went in and exchanged it. My third GS4 started receiving the error message a day later and only then did I notice with wifi off it would work, wifi on it would error. This doesn't always happen but it does a large majority of the time when I'm on my home wifi. Called Samsung again and they suggested I send in my phone or exchange it yet again. I'm certainly well within my Sprint warranty but my next exchange will probably be for the HTC One unless there is a quick solution out there. Nothing has worked and there has been NO online support from Samsung. Very disappointed since my switch to Samsung was due to the overwhelming customer satisfaction and market share.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have never had that issue on my S4 that I received on the 25. My carrier is at&t. I routinely switch between wifi & 4glte and have not once received this message. Wondering if it could be something with the carrier setup. Very surprised to hear your first one had a scratch on it's screen. Tests posted by people who have used knives and keys on it indicate a great resistance to that. This is my first Android phone after switching from an iPhone and my overall experience has been outstanding. But choices are what makes this platform great, & if the HTC makes you happy, that is certainly an option worthy of consideration.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same issue with my S4. Sprint had me do a factory reset. It worked for a few days and then stopped working again today. Very frustrating. Was glad to see your post about wifi. Tried another network we have in our home, working for the time being.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've had my S4 since May 17 and keep experiencing the "Messaging has Stopped Working." First did a factory reset with Sprint and had to reload all my data. Stopped working again. Went to Sprint store and they told me it may be certain apps that are buggy and to uninstall them one at a time until I find the one that's making messaging stop. I uninstalled one app and then messaging started working again. However, it stopped working again today. I can't believe that any app I try to run will crash my messaging. And I don't believe it's a Wi-Fi issue, either. My husband got the exact same phone, has several of the same apps on his that I have on mine, and we use the same Wi-Fi network at home. He has never experienced this issue with his phone. I'm starting to think it could be related to an SMS message I receive once a week. It comes in on Wednesdays and the first time my messaging stopped was last Wednesday after I got the text. It stopped working again this morning after I got the text. I'd love to try unsubscribing from the text message, but...my messaging has stopped working so I can't. :/

Had an HTC Evo for two years before this with all of the same apps installed. Never had a problem.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    421 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum!
    This may not be the case with the S4 but this is an issue with the S3.....from what I understand, you need your networks data connection in order for messaging to work. Try turning off your Wi-Fi and use your data connection when sending text messages.
    Hopefully someone can confirm this for you. Good luck!

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neighborjenny View Post
    I've had my S4 since May 17 and keep experiencing the "Messaging has Stopped Working." First did a factory reset with Sprint and had to reload all my data. Stopped working again. Went to Sprint store and they told me it may be certain apps that are buggy and to uninstall them one at a time until I find the one that's making messaging stop. I uninstalled one app and then messaging started working again. However, it stopped working again today. I can't believe that any app I try to run will crash my messaging. And I don't believe it's a Wi-Fi issue, either. My husband got the exact same phone, has several of the same apps on his that I have on mine, and we use the same Wi-Fi network at home. He has never experienced this issue with his phone. I'm starting to think it could be related to an SMS message I receive once a week. It comes in on Wednesdays and the first time my messaging stopped was last Wednesday after I got the text. It stopped working again this morning after I got the text. I'd love to try unsubscribing from the text message, but...my messaging has stopped working so I can't. :/

Had an HTC Evo for two years before this with all of the same apps installed. Never had a problem.
    I am having the same issue with my S4, which I have had for about 2 weeks. I also had an Evo on Sprint for several years (since the day they first came out) with no such similar issue. I just now turned off WiFi and my messaging started working again, at least so I thought. Two messages later, I received the same message, with WiFi turned off. Wonderful! Maybe I should have opted for the iPhone 5 after all or perhaps I should have just stayed with my trusty Evo.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlsiguy View Post
    I am having the same issue with my S4, which I have had for about 2 weeks. I also had an Evo on Sprint for several years (since the day they first came out) with no such similar issue. I just now turned off WiFi and my messaging started working again, at least so I thought. Two messages later, I received the same message, with WiFi turned off. Wonderful! Maybe I should have opted for the iPhone 5 after all or perhaps I should have just stayed with my trusty Evo.
    Correction. The issues does seem to be related to WiFi. Somehow my phone had turned WiFi back on after I had turned it off. Now I just need to figure out how and why the phone is turning WiFi back on after I keep turning it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links