Thread: 'Authentication error occured' upon trying to connect to wifi

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'Authentication error occured' upon trying to connect to wifi

Hi there

I have a problem with my Samsung galaxy s4 mini with which I could connect to my wifi router before before. Not sure why.
    It keeps on stating that 'authentication error occurred' and doesnt want to accept password even though it is correct.

Any possible advice perhaps on how to re initialize the wireless on this particular phone so that it could connect to the router or perhaps any other reason and solution for this problem.

Kind regards

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    288 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Welcome to the Forum. Shut down your phone and restart your router. You should be able to connect.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. Shut down your phone and restart your router. You should be able to connect.
    Hi there. Still cant connect to the wireless device even though the password is correct. 'Authentication error occurred' is still the standard message .
    Is there any way of connecting to the wireless device with my phone(samsung galaxy s4 mini?)

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    288 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arianule View Post
    Hi there. Still cant connect to the wireless device even though the password is correct. 'Authentication error occurred' is still the standard message .
    Is there any way of connecting to the wireless device with my phone(samsung galaxy s4 mini?)
    Try Settings>WIFI and forget your network. Reboot your phone and try to connect.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check frequencies wireless in your router S4 does not support 5gzh, change encryption in router to wpa or psk, avoid wpa2, install wifi analyser in S4 and check the best channel for your wireless so chance to the appropriate channel in router, check if your router have dhcp enabled, in S4 click and hold in your network name wifi and select network change select show advanced and check if you have dhcp enabled. After this all check wifi still work good. Give me some feedback after that.
    Cheers

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlostkd View Post
    Check frequencies wireless in your router S4 does not support 5gzh, change encryption in router to wpa or psk, avoid wpa2, install wifi analyser in S4 and check the best channel for your wireless so chance to the appropriate channel in router, check if your router have dhcp enabled, in S4 click and hold in your network name wifi and select network change select show advanced and check if you have dhcp enabled. After this all check wifi still work good. Give me some feedback after that.
    Cheers
    Great, thanks...will try all this and report back

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    288 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The S4 DOES support 5Gzh. It supports the following: Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac HT80.

Junior Member bicycle repair man's Avatar
    Member #
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found the same problem after my GT-I9195 got an OTA firmware upgrade to 3.4.0-1901606 (Oct 22 2013) although I believe the problem is common among many S4 models.

I tried to chase down the problem with SAMSUNG and other forums but all the advice was not useful (reload all the applications; reboot; replace battery; ...).

I have subsequently FOUND A SOLUTION to the problem and reported it to SAMSUNG - who have not responded so I'm not sure that they take it seriously.

What works for me is to SWITCH OFF BLUETOOTH. So, when I go to my office with BT enabled I get the "Authentication error" message even though it can see the WAP (and other devices can clamp on successfully). If I turn off BT the WAP becomes accessible and I connect. I can then turn BT on again and both work.

I have not tried to investigate further but two things come to mind:
    1. BT and WiFi share frequencies (2.4gHz) so that might be a root cause
    2. BT and WiFi might share the same HARDWARE on the S4mini and that might be it.

I did not have this problem before the FW upgrade, and I don't have it on my old S2 phones (GB and ICS), nor on my iRAZR (ICS) - so it is clearly a FW/HW problem with the S4m

Hope that helps - and I'd like to know if this fix works for you

BRM

Member #
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only way I've been able to resolve this is to reboot my modem/router. Awfully frustrating and time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by arianule View Post
    Hi there

I have a problem with my Samsung galaxy s4 mini with which I could connect to my wifi router before before. Not sure why.
    It keeps on stating that 'authentication error occurred' and doesnt want to accept password even though it is correct.

Any possible advice perhaps on how to re initialize the wireless on this particular phone so that it could connect to the router or perhaps any other reason and solution for this problem.

Kind regards

Member #
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

S4 wifi error

Quote Originally Posted by candybg View Post
    The only way I've been able to resolve this is to reboot my modem/router. Awfully frustrating and time consuming.
    It worked for me, you can try. 1st "forget network" 2nd turn off your cell phone 3rd turn off your router 4th turn on your cell phone 5th turn on your router 6th open wifi in your cell phone enter your password press connect. 7th well you are done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links