Close
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ggrant3876
  • 1 Post By wicked

Thread: Cant get Samsung smartswitch PC program to work past iphone name selection

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Cant get Samsung smartswitch PC program to work past iphone name selection

I am trying to migrate my backed up iphone 4 to my new Galaxy S4 using the Smart Switch program on the PC but keep getting an error message: Samsung Smart Switch has stopped working, after Step 5 (Smart Switch Install Instr) once I pick my iphone name which is not the first name on the list and after I click the button at the bottom. Are there any other programs out there to migrate data (contacts, songs, etc) from iphone to Galaxy S4. Any ideas why this might not be working or maybe there is a patch?
    Thanks for the help!
    Cindee

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1272 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Hi Cindee and welcome to the forum

I assume you restarted your PC after the install. I am also assuming your PC could see your S4. If so something in your system, possibly your anti virus software, could be interfering.

I don't know about the contacts on your iPhone but if you area located where the service is available the music is a cinch. Subscribe to Google Music. It will install a program on your PC that will sync all of your iTunes, (and more), to Google and they will then all be available on your S4.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    445 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum Cindee!

Member #
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Device
    SGH-M919
    Liked
    2633 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CindeeD View Post
    I am trying to migrate my backed up iphone 4 to my new Galaxy S4 using the Smart Switch program on the PC but keep getting an error message: Samsung Smart Switch has stopped working, after Step 5 (Smart Switch Install Instr) once I pick my iphone name which is not the first name on the list and after I click the button at the bottom. Are there any other programs out there to migrate data (contacts, songs, etc) from iphone to Galaxy S4. Any ideas why this might not be working or maybe there is a patch?
    Thanks for the help!
    Cindee
    Welcome Cindee, take a look at this video to transfer your contacts to your S4. As Leeshor said Google Music is a great way to transfer your music to your new phone.
    macuser and Leeshor like this.

Nexus 6 - Rooted
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Member #
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    764 times
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you. I could never get Samsung Smart Switch to work so I am having to do data migration in pieces. I downloaded some sort of google music manager. (I was confused by all the different names because there is no Google Music. I guess Goggle Music Manager was what you meant. And followed your suggestion. And it worked great!
    Last edited by CindeeD; 05-17-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you. I did follow the itunes/google contacts sync and got my contacts migrated to new phone. The video helped My son also posts his minecraft videos to Youtube so I will have to check out your android videos. I still need to migrate my calender and iphone Notes from iphone to Galaxy and then I will be finished with iphone.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Samsung Smart Switch did not work! It kept giving an error message. I did everything your application said and I wasted one and half long days. I tried getting help from Samsung help email and their suggestion did not work. The program never progressed past Step 5, select your old smartphone mfg or backup data folder. It obviously is full of bugs and needs to be tested more before offering to the public! Thank goodness for the helpful folks on this forum because Samsung is useless.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did something stupid. I put my hotmail email address in my gmail app. It keeps trying to sync but of course it is stuck. I can't get gmail to stop syncing. I even messed with Settings for app but it still did not stop. I tried to move app to trash can but still appears. How do I stop app from syncing and change email address to new gmail one?

Member #
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    764 times
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CindeeD View Post
    I did something stupid. I put my hotmail email address in my gmail app. It keeps trying to sync but of course it is stuck. I can't get gmail to stop syncing. I even messed with Settings for app but it still did not stop. I tried to move app to trash can but still appears. How do I stop app from syncing and change email address to new gmail one?
    Try clearing data/cache on gmail app by opening up Settings->applications->all -- then scroll down 'till you see gmail and force stop, clear data.

If that doesn't work, open up settings->accounts & sync - click on the gmail account, once open... click on the 3 dots on top right corner and click remove account. Press back, click on add account button on bottom and add new "google" account. Re-enter your "gmail" login credentials.
    Leeshor likes this.

Links