Close
    Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Contacts sync with pc(outlook) via Kies (USB or air)

Hi All,

I give. I've Googled this to no avail, spent countless minutes with Samsung support and am still stuck... I recently upgraded my hardware from an S2 to the S4. All worked well with the S2 before the upgrade. When I sync the new S4 device using Kies, the personal information (calendar events, contacts, etc) I can sync from the pc Outlook to the device OK. That is, any updates made on the pc Outlook are successfully applied to my device. However, if I make a change to my contacts on my S4, the change is not applied back to Outlook, rather I get a sync error. I know that I have 3 sync options for my syncing direction: 1. apply to device, 2. apply to Outlook, 3. apply to both device and Outlook. Only option 1 works (option 2 + 3 give me contacts sync error) specifically only with my contacts, calendar is OK syncing both ways.

As per tech support, I've done the usual battery removal, device reset and uninstall/reinstall Kies a number of times. They are at a loss and want me to return the device. I don't think that is the answer. It almost seems like a permissions thing with the device trying to access my .pst . I've tried both with Outlook opened and closed. Doesn't make sense since calendar is fine. Has anyone come accross this? TIA

Windows 7 ULT sp1, MS Office Pro+ 2010

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Keio,

If using google contacts and calendar is an option, you can use our product OggSync OggSync - Sync Google Calendar and Contacts with Outlook Exchange (including gMail Google Apps and Microsoft Office) to sync from Outlook to Google, then use the built in Android sync to google to view the calendar and contacts.

Member #
    Device
    SHV-E300K/L/S
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The functionality is built into KIES to sync Outlook notes. Be careful that you are not using Kies Air, because it does NOT sync anything with Outlook. You must download and install Samsung Kies on both the PC and the Android.
    Last edited by solomonwarren; 09-01-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Slightly of topic but can anyone tell me how to use Google Notes on S4 please ?

Links