Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Showing to many contacts

Hi my contacts were on Google and i transferred them to my sim and i also installed Facebook app now i seem to have two or three of each contact and in my messages when i navigate to contacts i have a load of people from my Facebook account who i don't even have numbers for, i have gone to the option contacts to display and i have managed to sort it for the phone contacts but it still shows tons of contacts if i go to messaging and contacts.

Member #
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Device
    SGH-M919
    Liked
    2632 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meanman View Post
    Hi my contacts were on Google and i transferred them to my sim and i also installed Facebook app now i seem to have two or three of each contact and in my messages when i navigate to contacts i have a load of people from my Facebook account who i don't even have numbers for, i have gone to the option contacts to display and i have managed to sort it for the phone contacts but it still shows tons of contacts if i go to messaging and contacts.
    Did you sync your facebook when you started the app? I've done that in the past and had way too many contacts, I just deleted them one at a time.

Galaxy S8 Plus
    LG V10
    Lumia 950 XL
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes i synced them but i have managed to get it so they dont show when going to contacts for calling people, but when messaging there all still there.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    instead of deleting individual contacts, go to the phone, click contacts, then the logs tab will change to groups. go to groups, select a group (prob unassigned for you at the top of the list), then hit the menu soft key to be able to put check marks next to names you want to delete. then click delete in the upper right hand corner when you're done. if you dont sync during your mass deletion you may have issues syncing to google when you're all done.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser View Post
    instead of deleting individual contacts, go to the phone, click contacts, then the logs tab will change to groups. go to groups, select a group (prob unassigned for you at the top of the list), then hit the menu soft key to be able to put check marks next to names you want to delete. then click delete in the upper right hand corner when you're done. if you dont sync during your mass deletion you may have issues syncing to google when you're all done.
    Thank you i have just done what you suggested but i still have the problem when i want to send a message all the extra contacts are still there.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    try going to the contacts tab, click the menu soft key, select contacts to display, select all first before you go into groups to delete.

edit: if this doesnt work, your duplicate contacts may be joined with one another. when i imported my google contacts and my phone contacts to my phone it automatically linked duplicates. to unjoin them go to the contact tab, click on a contact, hit the menu softkey, click seperate contacts, then click the red -.
    Last edited by macuser; 05-20-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Remove Ads

Links