Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: easist way to grab contacts from S3 to S4??

  1. #1
    Member srs244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    the right coast of hurricane alley
    Posts
    73
    Member #
    166
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    easist way to grab contacts from S3 to S4??

    i have an S3 that i am giving to my wife to replace her current phone. i have just taken delivery of my new S4 and would like to copy all the contact from the S3 to the S4. what is the easiest and quickest way to accomplish this?? can i off load the contacts from the S3 to my PC and then just copy them to the S4?? if so, where is the proper place to reload the contacts file on the S4??

    thanks for the help.

  2.  

  3. #2
    Super Moderator Jetmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tampa, not the one in Kansas.
    Posts
    1,165
    Member #
    144
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    476 times
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Did you have your s3 contacts synced with Google? If so when you login to the s4 with your Gmail they'll populate automatically
    You could also use Kies on your pc to swap a lot of stuff from s3 to s4.
    ggrant3876 and macuser like this.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Leeshor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Norcoss, GA
    Posts
    3,990
    Member #
    21
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1421 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    You also could use the Switching software that came with the S4.
    Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG G4

    Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

  5. #4
    Member srs244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    the right coast of hurricane alley
    Posts
    73
    Member #
    166
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech View Post
    Did you have your s3 contacts synced with Google? If so when you login to the s4 with your Gmail they'll populate automatically
    You could also use Kies on your pc to swap a lot of stuff from s3 to s4.
    how do i tell if the contacts are sync'ed?? i did have all my apps reload on the S4 (but to be honest i never checked the contacts). i'll have to check that on the phone when i get home (i haven't activated it yet. it arrived late on saturday and i was jammed up all weekend. i planned on getting it up and running (ATT) this evening.

    thanks for the suggestions (BTW i am not a big fan of kies and never get it to work right so i just ignore it's existence, lol).

    "You also could use the Switching software that came with the S4."

    where would i find the switching software you described?? i don't remember seeing anything like that on the phone as it set up.

  6. #5
    Super Moderator macuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650
    Member #
    267
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i havent used this app but it looks like it will do what you want it to do. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyMover&hl=en
    wicked likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Leeshor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Norcoss, GA
    Posts
    3,990
    Member #
    21
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1421 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srs244 View Post
    how do i tell if the contacts are sync'ed?? i did have all my apps reload on the S4 (but to be honest i never checked the contacts). i'll have to check that on the phone when i get home (i haven't activated it yet. it arrived late on saturday and i was jammed up all weekend. i planned on getting it up and running (ATT) this evening.

    thanks for the suggestions (BTW i am not a big fan of kies and never get it to work right so i just ignore it's existence, lol).

    "You also could use the Switching software that came with the S4."

    where would i find the switching software you described?? i don't remember seeing anything like that on the phone as it set up.
    I agree re: Kies, not a fan myself but here is the thread on the SmartSwitch software, by yours truly.

    The guide to "Smart Switching" Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG G4

    Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

  8. #7
    Member srs244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    the right coast of hurricane alley
    Posts
    73
    Member #
    166
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser View Post
    i havent used this app but it looks like it will do what you want it to do. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyMover&hl=en
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshor View Post
    I agree re: Kies, not a fan myself but here is the thread on the SmartSwitch software, by yours truly.

    The guide to "Smart Switching" Phones

    many thanks for the links and suggestions. i did make certain that my contacts were sync'd to todays date, so i'll see what the story is this evening. i really appreciate the suggestions and direction and will certainly make use of them if the sync isn't there.

  9. #8
    Member srs244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    the right coast of hurricane alley
    Posts
    73
    Member #
    166
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser View Post
    i havent used this app but it looks like it will do what you want it to do. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyMover&hl=en
    FYI for anyone interested, this worked like a charm. many thanks, mac. strange with all contact sync'd today to be current, they wouldn't auto download back to the new S4. now on to root the device!!

    thanks again for the help
    macuser and wicked like this.

  10. #9
    Junior Member Kevmac2603's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    10351
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi to all. I am new to S4 and had a Galaxy Y previously. Havent got a clue how to copy the contacts from the Y to the S4 as it is a whole new ball game for me. Any help gratefully appreciated.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator Danvee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,208
    Member #
    316
    Device
    none
    Liked
    577 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Have you followed the different advice and suggestions in the posts above yours?
    If they don't work for you, please post back. :thumbup:
    cr6 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Contacts sync with pc(outlook) via Kies (USB or air)
    By keio_b in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  2. Showing to many contacts
    By meanman in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM
  3. Cant sync Google Contacts
    By macuser in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Search tags for this page

how to copy contacts from s3 to s4
,
how to transfer contact from s3 to s4
,
how to transfer contacts from galaxy s3 to galaxy s4
,
how to transfer contacts from galaxy s3 to s4
,

how to transfer contacts from s3 to s4

,
how to transfer contacts from s4 to s4
,
how to transfer contacts from samsung s3 to s4
,

transfer contacts from s3 to s4

,
transfer contacts s3 to s4
,
transferring contacts from s3 to s4
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.