Close
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member robster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    662
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Missed Call/Text Message notification on Lock Screen?

    Good evening all....I'm new to the forum so hello to you all

    I've just got my Galaxy S4 and it's a great phone, however, I have 1 very small niggle...

    I had a Galaxy S3 mini before this phone and it had a really useful feature of when you missed a call or got a message it came up with an icon on the lock screen that you swiped and it took you to the missed call or message. This feature seems to be not on the S4, or am I missing a setting somewhere??

    Cheers in advance all...

  2.  

  3. #2
    Super Moderator macuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650
    Member #
    267
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    with your lock screen in swipe mode you can turn on shortcuts and long press "shortcuts". in the new screen you can long press any icon and drag to the trashcan at the bottom and if you have < 5 you'll see the + icon.

    when your screens off, swipe the icon up when you see you have a missed call/text
    Last edited by macuser; 05-24-2013 at 06:02 PM.

  4. #3
    Junior Member murphyrulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    1798
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser View Post
    with your lock screen in swipe mode you can turn on shortcuts and long press "shortcuts". in the new screen you can long press any icon and drag to the trashcan at the bottom and if you have < 5 you'll see the + icon.

    when your screens off, swipe the icon up when you see you have a missed call/text
    Yes, but that doesn't do the same thing that the S3 swipe did. On the S4, that will just open your messaging app to whatever page you were at the last time you left it. On the S3, swiping the missed text icon would take you directly to that text. Now it takes 3 more button presses to get to the new text than it did before.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator macuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650
    Member #
    267
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyrulez View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't do the same thing that the S3 swipe did. On the S4, that will just open your messaging app to whatever page you were at the last time you left it. On the S3, swiping the missed text icon would take you directly to that text. Now it takes 3 more button presses to get to the new text than it did before.
    i swipe the notification bar down from the lockscreen when i see that i missed something. you can also touch the 'missed text' message on the lockscreen and then swipe in the box that appears to go directly to the message.

    edit: or swipe down and then touch the 'missed text message.
    Last edited by macuser; 06-23-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    stock at&t s4.

  6. #5
    Junior Member murphyrulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    1798
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser View Post
    i swipe the notification bar down from the lockscreen when i see that i missed something. you can also touch the 'missed text' message on the lockscreen and then swipe in the box that appears to go directly to the message.

    edit: or swipe down and then touch the 'missed text message.
    Thanks, those are both good ideas. What exactly is the box that appears when you touch the text message? Why does the text notification shrink down and the box appear? Doesn't make much sense to me.

    thanks again though, this makes it a little better.

  7. #6
    Super Moderator macuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650
    Member #
    267
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyrulez View Post
    Thanks, those are both good ideas. What exactly is the box that appears when you touch the text message? Why does the text notification shrink down and the box appear? Doesn't make much sense to me.

    thanks again though, this makes it a little better.
    i'm not sure. its probably there to overlap the lock screen widget so your swipe gets computed. i'm glad you found help here and welcome to the forum.
    stock at&t s4.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Missed Call on Locked Screen
    By pilotwms in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-15-2014, 11:54 AM
  2. Screen lock
    By Lols82 in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:23 PM
  3. lock screen
    By Confused in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 11:40 AM
  4. Call log not dispalying missed calls that went to VM
    By bbcgrrrl in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 07:52 PM
  5. text message time wrong on s4
    By enhx3 in forum Galaxy S4 Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 09:15 AM

Search tags for this page

galaxy s4 lock screen notifications

,
galaxy s4 lock screen text
,
galaxy s4 lock screen text message
,

galaxy s4 message notification

,

galaxy s4 text message notification

,
lock screen notifications galaxy s3
,
lock screen notifications galaxy s4
,
samsung galaxy s4 lock screen notifications
,
samsung galaxy s4 message notification
,

samsung galaxy s4 text message notification

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.