Close
    Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Is my i9505 really dead - should I buy a new phone?

Hello,

I have an i9505 LTE International version (jflte) for about 4,5 years, working perfectly with the latest LineageOS until yesterday when my phone suddenly shut off itself (as like as I removed the battery). I tried then to turn it on again but restarted itself after the LineageOS logo appeared. I thought there was something wrong with the OS, so I've booted to recovery TWRP to flash the same OS again. The strange thing is that TWRP stopped flashing at +/- 20% freezing itself. After that I was not able to boot to recovery anymore.

I removed the battery, SIM card and microSD for about three hours. Tried again only with the battery and was able to install LineageOS again. After booting with the fresh installed LineageOS (I formatted the /system /data /cache partitions) the system was very unstable and slow. After 10 seconds the screen went completely pink and it shut off again and never came up (showing me the boot logo and rebooting - bootloop).

I removed the battery again and tried to flash, after one day, with odin the stock firmware. I had no issues while flashing but the OS won't boot. Therefore I flashed the TWRP to the recovery partition and it doesn't work. After 10 minutes without the battery I am able to boot TWRP but when I try to, for example, copy the logs to /data TWRP freezes and I cannot do anything else but hard reboot.

Someone knows what's going on here? Could the eMMC be seriously damaged/corrupted?

The strange thing is that, without the battery for 10 minutes plugged in, I am able to boot to TWRP and navigate through the menu - although after trying to format the /data and /cache partitions TWRP freezes. After a reboot I cannot boot to recovery anymore (it remains stuck on the samsung logo screen with the RECOVERY BOOTING and Set Warranty Bit: recovery headings.

Remove Ads

Links