Close
    Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    321 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Samsung Admits Battery Swelling Issue with Galaxy S4; Offering Free Replacements

Apparently, the Samsung Galaxy S4 battery swelling issue is becoming a fairly widespread issue. Customers started complaining about overheating, endurance degradation, and swelling of the battery. The problem has grown to affect nearly 30% of users by one estimate. Samsung has acknowledged the issue and is actually now offering replacements for those affected.

We are aware of this issue, which has affected a limited number of customers. We ask all affected customers to please visit their nearest Samsung Electronics service centre, where they can receive a replacement battery for free of charge. We remain committed to providing the best possible user experience for our customers.
    Sound of if you have experienced this problem.

Source: PhoneArena

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

Apparently, the Samsung Galaxy S4 battery swelling issue is becoming a fairly widespread issue. Customers started complaining about overheating, endurance degradation, and swelling of the battery. The problem has grown to affect nearly 30% of users by one estimate. Samsung has acknowledged the issue and is actually now offering replacements for those affected.

Sound of if you have experienced this problem.

Source: PhoneArena
    I just tried to contact Samsung about this very issue and was basically told "so sad too bad". They are not issuing replacement batteries. If you think you have a problem buy a new battery to see if it works. That is what I was just told by customer service.

Oh happy day.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    879 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    I just tried to contact Samsung about this very issue and was basically told "so sad too bad". They are not issuing replacement batteries. If you think you have a problem buy a new battery to see if it works. That is what I was just told by customer service.

Oh happy day.
    Hey D - good to see you again!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.1.0 Rom

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Strange how the Samsung attitude differs from country to country. Here is South Africa we have automatic cover for two incidents of damage added to the standard warranty. "Damage" includes screen cracked or broken and water damage. The cover is automatically activated upon registration of the device.

Batteries are replaced. No questions asked.
    Rooted 4.4.2 stock

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello my problem with my battery starts 1 month after i bought my 19500 battery gets bigger that made the front screen became higher normal i goto custmer service agent iam in egypt . First time the guy said come tomrrow we will replace it i was happy 4 it the next day i went 2nd day and was diffrent ppl there and the for my shock thy said oh its bad use that drive me mad really is bad use did i bought chinese phone or somthing its s4 used 4 2 months after arrgue i called the main cservice and they asked me to leave the phone after that they goves me a paper with phone state n info with big hand writing that my battery is that big coz of me lol i called back cs to give them the number and for my shocked my phone state was all scratshed on this paper hahaha omg its not i go back had big fight then left the next day i had phone call a guy asks what happend and wer sorry go replace your battery when i go cs they asked me to leave the phone again and that was for 2 weeks for a battery . And guys the battery is not good at all lol wont last 2 hours browsing after all that i will never buy a samsung phone . AND AH i show them news about batteries they said we know nothing about this and the replace for my battery coz my complain to custmers protection . Sorry i bla much but wanted all to know how shoddy cs samsung has and what we read at tech sites shouldnt be real in your country.

Comment edited by forum staff, please check your PM for more details.
    Last edited by cr6; 03-28-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Full details about the ADH cover can be found here:

Samsung GALAXY S4 WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED WITH ADH!
    Rooted 4.4.2 stock

Remove Ads

Links