• 1 Post By cr6

Thread: SGS 4 vs contemporary budget/ mid range

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SGS 4 vs contemporary budget/ mid range

I'm looking for cheapish 4G upgrade from my humble SGS 3. It doesn't need to be the fastest phone on the planet or have the biggest screen or pixel density, but an overall upgrade in specs and a decent camera would be advantageous.

I was thinking about something like the Galaxy A5 or the new Sony Experia M4, but with secondhand SGS4's now selling for less than 130, I wonder if this is a better way to go?

How does it compare (running Lollypop) to these more modern phones?

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1421 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum

Personally I would go with an S4 before I would even think about the other ones. It's still a great phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG G4

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    516 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum! The S4 is a great device, but if you want a more significant step up from your S3 and can afford the extra hundred, go with the S5. Good luck with your decision and keep us updated.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks both.

Still deliberating. What I like about the S4 are the slim bezzles, you get a bigger screen than the S3 without increasing the size of the phone. I also think thin bezzles look alot more classy. (I like the LG phones for this reason, but they are as bit thick). The S5 seems bulky in comparison the the S4, but the the S6 doesn't, it's just much more expensive.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    516 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Trust me, the S5 is super thin and light. It is a little bit longer and wider than the S4, but it's a 5.1" screen compared to a 5" screen. With that added size, (and larger battery) it is a little bit thicker, but only by .2mm. Honestly, it isn't that noticeable and certainly isn't considered "bulky". I actually prefer keeping mine in a case as its easier to hold. My wife has the S4 as her work phone and we both have S5s as our personal phones. You can't go wrong with either one, but if you have the money to afford the S5, I would recommend you getting that one over the S4.
    Leeshor likes this.

Remove Ads

Links