Close
    Member #
    Device
    other
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Repair or Replace?

After a good few years, my trusty S4 Mini's has developed a crack and no longer functions. So choices are repair or upgrade.

Repair will cost c€70 (cUSD80 or GBP50) off eBay and repairing myself. But is it worth it? Or is it better to move on and find a replacement, and if so, what (I'm due a free phone upgrade)?

The S4 Mini seems something of a classic- has anyone had to grapple with this dilemma and if so, what make/model did they decide on? I've looked around, but nothing in the same form factor takes my fancy, maybe the nearest thing is the Sony Z5 Compact.

I'm loath to part with my beloved S4 Mini- it'd feel a little like putting my horse down. But maybe it's time to move on, question is with/to what?

Thanks for any help.

cr6
    Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    504 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Repairing/replacing a screen yourself is no easy feat. Since you have a free upgrade available your best bet would be to go that route. Since only you know what features you like in a smartphone, your best bet would be to visit your local carrier to get some hands on time with the latest models. Good luck & let us know what you decide on.

S5 tap'n

Remove Ads

Links