Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leeshor

Thread: Hello (and a merry festive season) to everyone)

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello (and a merry festive season) to everyone)

Hi everybody,

I have honestly joined because I am a complete noob where it comes to the Android operating system and the s4 itself and would like to get information on how to better optimize the device (my onboard memory, for example, only seems to have 1.14GB left free out of 9.24gb (despite the fact that I have moved all files that I have downloaded (where possible) and all large files (photos and music) to the larger SD card)

I will gladly appreciate any help as I start to browse the forums a little more over the Festive Season.

I hope that people will be helpful and welcoming rather than condescending to my total noob status.

Look forward to chatting to you all soon.

Ricey.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1422 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum

It sounds like you have done all you can and what I would have suggested. It gets to be a real pain trying to make up for a device that probably shouldn't have been sold with so little storage in the first place. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be some cache cleanup but that won't recover a lot. Your mail, especially if it's IMAP, would be a good place to look. Make sure the trash is empty and check to see if the mail client has the ability to compress the folders. Attachments would also be a good suspect.
    Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 - SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG G4

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

It sounds like you have done all you can and what I would have suggested. It gets to be a real pain trying to make up for a device that probably shouldn't have been sold with so little storage in the first place. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be some cache cleanup but that won't recover a lot. Your mail, especially if it's IMAP, would be a good place to look. Make sure the trash is empty and check to see if the mail client has the ability to compress the folders. Attachments would also be a good suspect.
    I was thinking along the lines of routing it and getting rid of the myriad apps that Samsung and Android feel that you have to have. But not know exactly how to do it (I guess I could watch a Youtube tutorial) I wouldn't know which apps were essential and which to bin.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1422 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rooting has been a big deal for some and a big flop for others. If you try to uninstall and/or disable some apps you get a warning about the possibility of something else not working. That is a risk you take.

Current versions of Android don't support Flash player, try Puffin or Flashfox as an alternative browser.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, that's kinda what I thought. So not really worth the risk then?

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1422 times
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Let's just say you have been informed.
    Riceboychrispy likes this.

Remove Ads

Links