Member #
    Twitter
    hughman
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Email read/unread issue

Hi, ok I have 4 email accounts (3 gmail 1 work) all worked ok until recently now im told I have 79 unread mails or something it keeps changing I keep all my email accounts organised, can anyone help, thanks for looking

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hughman View Post
    Hi, ok I have 4 email accounts (3 gmail 1 work) all worked ok until recently now im told I have 79 unread mails or something it keeps changing I keep all my email accounts organised, can anyone help, thanks for looking

do you mark emails as read before you organize? maybe you opened a folder (other then inbox) w unread emails in it, and the phone now includes those unread emails in the notification count. logging out and logging back into email and not opening that folder should get the count back to 0. if the unread emails are coming from gmail, you can log into gmail from your computer and search 'unread', and from there you can 'select all' and 'mark as read'. if the unread emails are coming from your work email, what email app are you using? how many days worth of emails are you syncing? if you have old unread emails, you can try syncing less days.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1260 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    @hughman please do not post the same thing twice as it violates the forum guidelines and has already had replies in both threads which is confusing. I deleted your other thread as the response was mine.

Couple questions. Are the unread messages from more than one of the accounts.
    Are all the accounts in the G-Mail app?
    Are all the accounts IMAP?
    macuser likes this.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Member #
    Twitter
    hughman
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Email Read / Unread

Quote Originally Posted by macuser View Post
    do you mark emails as read before you organize? maybe you opened a folder (other then inbox) w unread emails in it, and the phone now includes those unread emails in the notification count. logging out and logging back into email and not opening that folder should get the count back to 0. if the unread emails are coming from gmail, you can log into gmail from your computer and search 'unread', and from there you can 'select all' and 'mark as read'. if the unread emails are coming from your work email, what email app are you using? how many days worth of emails are you syncing? if you have old unread emails, you can try syncing less days.
    Hi, all emails are read, this problem just happens every now and then woke up this morning and everything was back to normal no unread emails, even when I sync account it doesnt reconise that all mails have been read. When I use my PC to access email all is ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what happened with the double post sorry about that!!

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    started getting the same issue. Haven't noticed a pattern/trigger yet. Annoying to say the least though

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, just got the Samsung S4 active, and have noticed this same issue popping up. It is only with my gmail account (I have 3 other exchange accounts with no problem), and it is the same emails constantly being shown as unread. I went through the settings on my phone, the settings in gmail on my computer, I've marked them all constantly as read and they keep popping back up a few minutes later as unread. Any thoughts?

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1260 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desperado568 View Post
    Hey everyone, just got the Samsung S4 active, and have noticed this same issue popping up. It is only with my gmail account (I have 3 other exchange accounts with no problem), and it is the same emails constantly being shown as unread. I went through the settings on my phone, the settings in gmail on my computer, I've marked them all constantly as read and they keep popping back up a few minutes later as unread. Any thoughts?
    Welcome to the forum

I assume they appear as read when you look at them with a browser, on the WEB? If so, install this app - Clean Master - and clean out the cache to see if it helps.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Links