Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    56 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Verizon Software Upgrade Available Via Software Upgrade Assistant

As announced by Droid Life, an update (VRUAME7) for the Galaxy S4 is now available.

New Software Update VRUAME7 Available for Verizon?s Galaxy S4 Through Desktop Installer, Apps to SD Card Included ? Droid Life

The upgrade provides the ability to move certain apps to the SD card. The status bar is now transparent and certain changes were made to the stock Camera app.
    macuser likes this.

Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    58 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do not take this if you want to root! Has a new bootloader that CAN NOT be downgraded and you can not flash pre release kernel.. So if you want to root I would skip this one until a new exploit is found
    Last edited by Miller6386; 07-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Software Update VRUAME7 Available for Verizon?s Galaxy S4 Through Desktop Installer, Apps to SD Card Included ? Droid Life
    New Software Update VRUAME7 Available for Verizon’s Galaxy S4 Through Desktop Installer, Apps to SD Card Included

The Samsung Galaxy S4 on Verizon has a new update available this morning, though the way to get it differs than the procedure you are probably most used to. Instead of being pushed over-the-air (OTA), Verizon is using a Software Upgrade Assistant through either Windows or MAC PC to install the update. Now, we noticed a mention of this tool on Big Red’s site a week or so ago but assumed it was a placeholder for a future update. Boy were we wrong. We were able to attached our Verizon GS4 to a MAC this morning, find the drive that housed a VZW Installer app, launch that app, and then begin an upgrade process.

The update is VRUAME7, and appears to be very large, as the update took a substantial amount of time to download and then install (probably 20+ minutes). For now, all we can tell is that the update allows for the notification bar to remain transparent on any wallpaper and that apps can be moved to the SD card. There is a chance that it also includes Samsung’s KNOX security suite, which was recently a part of an OTA for Sprint’s Galaxy S4. Verizon has yet to release an official changelog, so we’re stuck digging for changes.

One reader of ours did lose root after updating, so be careful. There is also a new line in the “About phone” section that reads “Secure boot status, Type: Samsung,” however, that could mean nothing for all we know.

Update: We’ve been told that this permanently patches the previous root method, includes a new bootloader, and will (for the time being) make life hell for those who want root. If you wan’t to keep your freedom, do not update yet. (More at this XDA thread.)
    - - - Updated - - -

Yea!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43430660
    Miller6386 likes this.

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today about 3pm I got a notice for an OTA update for my Verizon S4. I declined it this time. It gives you an alarm type setting that it will remind you again. Pretty sure there is no way out of it. Eventually it'll probably force itself on my phone.

Anyone else get the OTA update?

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo G View Post
    Today about 3pm I got a notice for an OTA update for my Verizon S4. I declined it this time. It gives you an alarm type setting that it will remind you again. Pretty sure there is no way out of it. Eventually it'll probably force itself on my phone.

Anyone else get the OTA update?
    the phone may update itself. at&t automatically updated @Jetmech's phone a few mths ago.

At&t update today
    Last edited by macuser; 07-10-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: link
    stock at&t s4.

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just downloaded the update OTA....while I was waiting for it to download, I read over the PDF doc on Verizon's website about what changes, fixes, etc, were in the new update. I was excited to see this under ADDED capabilities "Wi-Fi quick on/off toggle in Notification Panel".........once the update was complete I checked the notification panel and nope, same as before.....no on/off toggle and still the annoyingly permanent wi-fi notification under the brightness indicator. Dissappointed

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    why did I not log on to the forums before I upgraded oh well.. At least they have put wifi toggle back on notification panel.. aarrgh!

Dumb question.. If i do a factory reset, I cant go back to the original package correct>
    Last edited by Gremlin; 07-10-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    why did I not log on to the forums before I upgraded oh well.. At least they have put wifi toggle back on notification panel.. aarrgh!
    They haven't (read my post just before yours.....) Verizon says it was supposed to be part of the update but didn't happen when I upgraded

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    $%$$%$$%$%^$%&%^$&^*$^*$^*$

Sorry

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    386 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

Dumb question.. If i do a factory reset, I cant go back to the original package correct>
    Right. It'll just reset everything, but the ROM will be the 'updated' one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links