Thread: Wifi disconnected, because connection is slow

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wifi disconnected, because connection is slow

Hello,

I have been using my S4 since about 6 months, without too many problems. Same issues as many have pointed out with automatic screen brightness, battery life and "cheap" casing... but that's all acceptable -- or is it for a phone that cost so much ... anyways.

I have a more serious issue now. since a couple of weeks (and I can't trace it back to any change of apps or change in my own wifi network), my S4 regularly disconnects from the wifi network (and goes onto 3G -- I realized it mostly through the higher 3G utilization)... invoking something like 'Wifi disconnected because internet is connection is slow'...

I found one or two threads in other forums about this, and all measures recommended seems to suggest it must be a WiFi router setting or what not. Now the things is, I'm having the exact same issue when connecting to other WiFi networks during travel (e.g. in hotels, airports etc.). So I suppose it must be a phone issue, rather than a wifi network issue.

Any help or ideas?

Best,

Dirk

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    1266 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum Dirk

If the same thing happens exactly the same way on other networks and you don't have any task manager or power management apps you've installed it sounds like it may be a hardware problem. I have a link in my sig that will take you to some additional suggestions for solving the problem if it isn't the phone hardware.
    SGS3 SGH-i747 / SGS4 (32GB) SGH-i337 on AT&T - and LG Optimus G Pro

Printing and file transfer tips
    WiFi connection tips. (modified 7/26/13)
    Current Adobe Flash Player for the S4 - direct download 11.1.115.81 2/10/14

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbre View Post
    Hello,

I have been using my S4 since about 6 months, without too many problems. Same issues as many have pointed out with automatic screen brightness, battery life and "cheap" casing... but that's all acceptable -- or is it for a phone that cost so much ... anyways.

I have a more serious issue now. since a couple of weeks (and I can't trace it back to any change of apps or change in my own wifi network), my S4 regularly disconnects from the wifi network (and goes onto 3G -- I realized it mostly through the higher 3G utilization)... invoking something like 'Wifi disconnected because internet is connection is slow'...

I found one or two threads in other forums about this, and all measures recommended seems to suggest it must be a WiFi router setting or what not. Now the things is, I'm having the exact same issue when connecting to other WiFi networks during travel (e.g. in hotels, airports etc.). So I suppose it must be a phone issue, rather than a wifi network issue.

Any help or ideas?

Best,

Dirk

I too have this problem. (and NO it is not the router, Thank You for suggesting it though)
    I am replying hoping someone can provide more insight

Senior Member lucianus_luciferus's Avatar
    Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Liked
    150 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    enable mobile data and wifi
    go to settings - connection - wifi - menu - advanced
    and see if "check for internet service" is not active
    :thumbup:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Galaxy S4 I9505 Black Rooted 4.4.2
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have similar problem, just only tough when I try to connect my gopro to my S4. This started after I upgrated to Android 4.3. It always comes up with the same message onthe WiFi connection, "network disconnected because internet connection is slow"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I resolved or by uncheck the option auto switch between wifi and mobile network in the wifi advanced settings. (Android 4.3)
    Leeshor likes this.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Texting Question

Quote Originally Posted by rabartels View Post
    I resolved or by uncheck the option auto switch between wifi and mobile network in the wifi advanced settings. (Android 4.3)
    Using CHOMP SMS and can't add multiple cantacs to the same text.

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9500
    Liked
    301 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420benz View Post
    Using CHOMP SMS and can't add multiple cantacs to the same text.
    This is a WIFI issue thread. If you are having problems with Chomp, please post it in the Apps Forum. Thanks
    Danvee likes this.

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wifi disconnected because internet is connection is slow

Quote Originally Posted by dalbre View Post
    Hello,

Any help or ideas?

Best,

Dirk
    deltoncbaker
    I have the same problem with my Galaxy S4. I don't know when it started, I noticed while I was playing a game, that it was displaying connection notices about every minute or so. When looked I looked at the settings page I noticed it was reporting the connection speed was too slow. I tested my laptops WiFi connection speed and it was about 8.4 Mbps.
    The only thing that I did to my phone was I installed and used a program app named FoxFi. My wife has the same phone and her phone is not having this problem. I was wondering if you had installed a similar kind of app. Verizon want to charge you twice for hotspot $20 dollars just for the right to turn it on and again for any DATA usage. FoxFi lets get around the turn on fee.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys are not alone. I have the exact same issue. Mine started with the upgreade to 4.3. Its not a hardware issue.

I came to work and han no problems at all. Around 11 o'clock i receive the OTA for 4.3. After OTA was complete and i was runningn 4.3.........the issue started.

I'm frustrated as heck about this. I love this phone, but i'm seriously considering going back to my iPhone until Samsung gets this issue worked out. I'm on an open wifi netowrk that my employer provides. Everyone else in the office connects with no issues........my galaxy s4 is the only one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links