Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rooting made easy!

To some this will not matter. Being past my prime hacking abilities I have looked at rooting and decided against the process. Seemed like more than I wanted to deal with. This morning I just got ticked at not being able to use the SD card to the fullest I did a rooting search again. I found a site called One Click Root. All info and reviews seemed good. I didn't find any bad. Made me wonder as at the least a handful of people can find a reason to complain about anything. Finally I figured I'd go for it. I did the CyanogenMod to two tablets. I downloaded the program, fired it up and paid the fee. The S4 requires intervention so they connect to you and do the necessary work while your phone in connected to the PC in USB debugging mode. 15 minutes later my S4 is done, KNOX intact. Rooted and SD card usable (I did an SD card fix) don't know if I needed to but I did. Quick and painless if you do not want to deal with it yourself. When my wife passed I duplicated both S4's so I had a backup. I did one and have messed with it all morning an no problems so I am about to do the other one now. Just thought I would pass the info along.

Member #
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Device
    SGH-M919
    Liked
    2633 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonling View Post
    To some this will not matter. Being past my prime hacking abilities I have looked at rooting and decided against the process. Seemed like more than I wanted to deal with. This morning I just got ticked at not being able to use the SD card to the fullest I did a rooting search again. I found a site called One Click Root. All info and reviews seemed good. I didn't find any bad. Made me wonder as at the least a handful of people can find a reason to complain about anything. Finally I figured I'd go for it. I did the CyanogenMod to two tablets. I downloaded the program, fired it up and paid the fee. The S4 requires intervention so they connect to you and do the necessary work while your phone in connected to the PC in USB debugging mode. 15 minutes later my S4 is done, KNOX intact. Rooted and SD card usable (I did an SD card fix) don't know if I needed to but I did. Quick and painless if you do not want to deal with it yourself. When my wife passed I duplicated both S4's so I had a backup. I did one and have messed with it all morning an no problems so I am about to do the other one now. Just thought I would pass the info along.
    Rooting any android is relatively easy and you shouldn't have to pay for it, I've rooted every android I've had starting with the 2 T-Mobile G1's, including my S4, Nexus One, Nexus 4, HTC Sensation, Note II, Note 3, Motorola Xoom, NotePro 12.2 and My Nexus 6 and have never had a brick or paid one red cent to root.
    cr6 and Leeshor like this.

Galaxy S8 Plus
    LG V10
    Lumia 950 XL
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Rooting any android is relatively easy and you shouldn't have to pay for it, I've rooted every android I've had starting with the 2 T-Mobile G1's, including my S4, Nexus One, Nexus 4, HTC Sensation, Note II, Note 3, Motorola Xoom, NotePro 12.2 and My Nexus 6 and have never had a brick or paid one red cent to root.
    It may be easy but they make it look very easy. They put everything they need in a folder and work through it. I'm happy....

cr6
    Member #
    Device
    other
    Liked
    504 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm with ggrant.....you should never have to "pay" to root your device. There will always be easy (and free) methods readily available online.
    That said, glad to hear it worked for you and everything is running great. That's always a great feeling! Enjoy your newfound freedom!

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr6 View Post
    I'm with ggrant.....you should never have to "pay" to root your device. There will always be easy (and free) methods readily available online.
    That said, glad to hear it worked for you and everything is running great. That's always a great feeling! Enjoy your newfound freedom!
    Thanks! Use of the SD card is a plus. Going to figure out and hopefully master Titanium Backup Root Pro.

Remove Ads

Links