Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SAmsung S4 network signal problem

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have recently purchased (04th June 2013) S4 from a EE shop, 2yrs contract on EE 4G network.

I started having exactly the same problems with the newtwork signal( no signal,not registered on network, no network coverage). The signal is lost intermittently and is erratic.*

I have called the EE technical support and they have asked me to enable data roaming to improve the dignal, but, that didn't help.

It is s breach of the contract, I am planning to return it.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I am having the same problem on Vodafone this is my 3rd s4. Just spoke to Samsung and they have said that the s4 is designed to work on 4g and works at a higher frequency than older 2g and 3g phones. The s4 needs a full strength signal to work efficiantly in city locations and not rural. I have tested the phone out and about and although the signal strength on the phone is showing 4 bars when I try to make a call it says not registered on network. The S4's are being miss sold on Vodafone at the moment and should only be sold when the 4g network is up and running. I use the phone for business so need a working phone I am now switching back to my s2

Member #
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My phone works all the way down to -116dBm, that's a zero bar condition.

Member #
    Device
    SGH-M919
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Melchior View Post
    Hello ,

I bought my S4 on the 07/05/2013 and last wednesday (22/05/2013) I started having problem with the newtwork signal( no signal,not registered on network, no network coverage). The signal is lost intermittently and is erratic. Has anyone face this problem ? Is there a fix? I have changed sim on 2 carriers and it has the same problem. i removed the sim and switched on the phone, surprise, the signal problem keeps going and it shows a signal on and of while asking for the sim card. AM at a loss here.
    I had the same issue. Tried new Sim, even had Tmo send a new phone.

TMO is upgrading towers to LTE, but several towers in my area are still 4G. The phone likes to hang on to LTE and when it drops and won't connect to the 4G tower.

fix: turn off 4G LTE and go with 4G service until tmo upgrades all towers
    settings>connections>more networks>mobile networks>network mode>GSM/WCDMA ...not LTE

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is at the EE repair centre getting fixed for this same problem. What I have been told is the phone has no 2g and when on 3g and the signal gets low the phone will lose signal all together. The guy at EE said that when all their towers are 4g I will not have any problem. How long that will be is anyone's guess. Also phone has now been with them since the 10th of June it is now the 28th and was told it will be sometime next week when I get it back. EE's repair program sucks. If it still has the same problem when it gets back to me I will be going back to Apple. Lad at work took his partner's iPhone 5 in to one of the Apple shops for a problem with the lock button and had it swapped out then and there. EE needs to get their shit together.

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,
    just looked up the specs on the s4. It does have 2g. Damn I hate being lied to. F--k EE

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    275 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbeck64 View Post
    Hi All,
    just looked up the specs on the s4. It does have 2g. Damn I hate being lied to. F--k EE
    Which model do you have?
    S4 SGH-I337, 32 GB, Black, AT&T, 64 GB SD

Member #
    Device
    none
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Which model do you have?
    UK model GT-I9505

Member #
    Device
    GT-I9505
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

network drop

Quote Originally Posted by t1melord View Post
    I have the same problem in the UK on t-mobile
    I also am on T-mobile UK with the S4 GT-19505
    So far I have had the phone changed twice for problems with the signal, I have also had the sim changed, same problem. Tried the sim in my old Nokia N8 for one week and had no problem whatsoever.
    Seeing as the problem goes across all networks I would say that it is the phone itself, and yet samsung and T-mobile are insisting that they have had NO other problems reported. I am on my way back into the store today to have it out with them.

UPDATE: Just been back into the phone shop and showed them the Dropped signal, not even emergency calls. I know I can reboot the phone and get the signal back again, but it is totally unacceptable to have to do that continuously. Samsung help desk are still insisting they don't have a problem, SO! sale of goods act and all that, they now have taken the phone back and I have taken out the Sony Xperia Z, comparable spec, solid feel, and completely waterproof to 1 metre.
    So my membership has been very short lived and it's hello and goodbye guys & girls
    Last edited by andyb; 07-02-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: update

Member #
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    275 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    I also am on T-mobile UK with the S4 GT-19505
    So far I have had the phone changed twice for problems with the signal, I have also had the sim changed, same problem. Tried the sim in my old Nokia N8 for one week and had no problem whatsoever.
    Seeing as the problem goes across all networks I would say that it is the phone itself, and yet samsung and T-mobile are insisting that they have had NO other problems reported. I am on my way back into the store today to have it out with them.
    Well... I don't know about Europe or T-Mobile, but here in the US on AT&T the signal has been great and the call quality is as well.
    S4 SGH-I337, 32 GB, Black, AT&T, 64 GB SD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links