Close
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jetmech
  • 1 Post By macuser
  • 1 Post By Jetmech

Thread: Android Plug-In

  1. #1
    Junior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    1853
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Android Plug-In

    Newbies always must ask questions. However, I really tried to do the searches first.

    I use the NOAA Weather site which includes radar with animation. This works fine on my Kindle Fire but when installed on the Galaxy S4 and "Loop" is tapped, the radar screen blanks out and shows a message that "a plug in is required". I saw this one other time on another app but don't remember which one. Maybe Flash is required but I never installed anything like Flash on the Kindle. I see there is a way to download Adobe Flash but not sure that is a fully supported option.

    I have found nice radar alternatives that do work via the Google App library so this is not a burning question. I'm just curious why the Kindle Fire is OK and the Samsung GS4 isn't.

    Tx

  2.  

  3. #2
    Administrator wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    835
    Member #
    4
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    Device
    SCH-I545
    Liked
    758 times
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hmm, it might have to do with flash. If you want to sideload it, grab the latest one here - Dev-Host - install_flash_player_ics (17).apk - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

  4. #3
    Super Moderator Jetmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tampa, not the one in Kansas.
    Posts
    1,165
    Member #
    144
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    475 times
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It could also be Adobe Air
    wicked and Gremlin like this.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    807
    Member #
    514
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    250 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    I recommend WeatherBug Elite. Sure, it's a few bucks.... don't be cheap. It works great.
    S4 SGH-I337, 32 GB, Black, AT&T, 64 GB SD

  6. #5
    Super Moderator macuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    651
    Member #
    267
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    189 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Newbies always must ask questions. However, I really tried to do the searches first.

    I use the NOAA Weather site which includes radar with animation. This works fine on my Kindle Fire but when installed on the Galaxy S4 and "Loop" is tapped, the radar screen blanks out and shows a message that "a plug in is required". I saw this one other time on another app but don't remember which one. Maybe Flash is required but I never installed anything like Flash on the Kindle. I see there is a way to download Adobe Flash but not sure that is a fully supported option.

    I have found nice radar alternatives that do work via the Google App library so this is not a burning question. I'm just curious why the Kindle Fire is OK and the Samsung GS4 isn't.

    Tx

    the animated radar for NOAA weather free works. to install flash, go the the below website and install 'Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.63)'. its been updated since i installed it on my phone so they're still supporting it. chrome and the stock browser dont support flash, so i use lightning browser and firefox. let us know if you decide to install flash and have questions.

    Archived Flash Player versions

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ZXJlLmZyZWUiXQ..
    Last edited by macuser; 06-25-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    wicked likes this.
    stock at&t s4.

  7. #6
    Super Moderator Jetmech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tampa, not the one in Kansas.
    Posts
    1,165
    Member #
    144
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    475 times
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I recommend WeatherBug Elite. Sure, it's a few bucks.... don't be cheap. It works great.
    +1. Great weather app. I prefer BeWeather for aesthetics and WBE for pure data.

    Then there's also this beast. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.WeatherClock
    Beer Goggles likes this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    807
    Member #
    514
    Device
    SGH-I337
    Liked
    250 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech View Post
    +1. Great weather app. I prefer BeWeather for aesthetics and WBE for pure data.

    Then there's also this beast. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.WeatherClock
    Yes, I have BeWeather too. It's pretty but WBE is a better for data and radar (as you mentioned).
    S4 SGH-I337, 32 GB, Black, AT&T, 64 GB SD

  9. #8
    Junior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    1853
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the kind replies. I have some more information to research.

  10. #9
    Junior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    1853
    Device
    none
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FYI
    Well, I purchased the Samsung GS4 Flash Installer. All went as described until the app said "Installed" with the option to "Open". "Open" results in a gray screen with the broken icon symbol in the middle saying a plugin is required. This broken symbol/message with other sites is what started this whole effort so I just requested a refund from Google Play. It appears I am the only one with this problem so more work needs to be done. Thanks again.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
  2. New/Old Benchmarking App Comes to Android: Futuremark 3DMark for Android
    By dgstorm in forum Galaxy S4 News & Site News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 09:28 AM

Search tags for this page

how to play megashare on android
,

how to watch megashare on android

,
megashare android
,
megashare android app
,
megashare android plugin
,

megashare for android

,

megashare on android

,
megashare plugin
,

megashare plugin for android

,

watch megashare on android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.